Job title - Service Operation Technical Analyst 1st Line
Reports to - Service Operations Team Leader
Department - Service Operations
Location - Daresbury
Main Purpose of Job
The 1st line Service Desk Analyst role is to ensure the best experience for Adept4 customers at all times. Working as a team with 2nd line operatives, the Service Desk Analyst will analyse incoming customer support tickets and obtain the required information from the customer & from the team in order to resolve the issue within the service level agreement.
The Service Desk Analyst will strive to resolve the majority of customer support tickets logged with Adept4 whilst ensuring that the customer is kept informed at all times.
The Service Desk Analyst must be passionate about excellent customer service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of incoming customer support tickets (by phone, portal or e-mail).
- Initial triage and allocation of calls on rota basis as agreed with line manager.
- Undertake initial diagnosis of tickets obtaining all necessary information from the customer.
- Resolve customer issues within service level guidelines, obtaining assistance from 2nd line as required.
- If unable to resolve, responsible for escalating to 2nd line, or other business departments where appropriate.
- Working within the 1st line team and sharing knowledge.
The best customer experience is paramount. The Service Desk Analyst must:
- Follow internal procedures.
- Ensure clear, timely and professional communication, both internally and with the customer.
- Collect and document information and any actions taken on the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform ongoing liaison to keep customer informed of progress (not just when the issue is resolved).
- Use the most effective form of communication.
- Focus on achieving personal and team targets as defined by Adept4.
Skills and Attributes
Minimum 1 Year experience in support desk role.
Evidence of working knowledge of appropriate technology/skills:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of basic networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN)
- Experience of troubleshooting networks and printers
- Strong Communication Skills (Verbal and written)
- Problem solving skills
- Educated to NVQ/A Level Standard in IT or equivalent experience
- 5 hours per week shift based role, flexible working attitude required
- Driving license essential
- Customer site visits maybe required
General (for all staff)
- Adherence to the technical standard of your role
- Adherence to behavioural competencies of the company
- Adherence to company shared values
- Compliance with company policies
- Adherence to timesheet and Autotask rules
- Attendance at project meetings, staff meetings, other meetings as required
- Other duties as may reasonably be required